Easy MEATLOAF made w/ Salsa!

 Sponsor





My favorite way to make Meatloaf! I actually think the recipe comes from a Weight Watchers cookbook, but my aunt taught it to me and I have tweaked it a little. 
Its so easy & even my Picky boys love it! 

I'm going to give you the basic recipe w/ a footnote of the extras I add =)

What you need..

(usually makes around 6 servings but easy to expand)

1 lb. Hamburger meat (I like to use 75/25)
1/2 cup CHI-CHI’S® salsa (I use mild, but go as spicy as you like)
1/2 (or more if you prefer) tube of Saltine crackers - crushed
1/3 (or more if you prefer) cup of Ketchup - plus a little extra for the top
1 egg lightly beaten 
 salt and/or pepper to taste


Make it..

Preheat oven to 350 f
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl
Transfer to a loaf pan (I usually use a 9*9 cake pan because the kids like theirs flat lol)
Drizzle with Ketchup
Bake 45 minutes to an hour, until the Internal temp is at least 160 f 

My add-ins:

I like to chop a small onion and soak a piece of bread in milk (something my granny taught me) and add to the mix. 

Enjoy!

**I am currently a member of the Hormel Foods Extended Blogger Program and this post is part of my involvement in the Group. While Hormel Foods provides me material and necessary resources to complete various activities, all statements and sentiment in Mommy Needs A Break are my own. 

  Pin It!

Comments