Hawaiian SPAMBURGER® Hamburger! (Yes I said SPAMBURGER®!)



Photo from Spam.com

SPAM® 
It really is a classic food. Introduced in 1937, it was even shipped abroad for the troops (more than 100 million pounds!) during WWII! Lately it seems to have been pushed aside. I have to admit, I wasn't a fan myself until Hormel sent me the new Spam Teriyaki! The can displays a SPAM® sushi. That was my original plan. Until I seen this recipe on Spam.com and decided to try it instead! 





I'm a sucker for anything with Pineapples and decided this was the best way to try  SPAM® again. Plus its easy.. and that's an important factor in my house! 

SPAM® Sushi! Who Knew?


What you need..

1

1 12-ounce can SPAM® Classic (I used Spam Teriyaki!
1 (8-ounce) can pineapple slices in juice
1/4 cup creamy mustard blend
1 clove garlic, chopped
4 slices green bell pepper, if desired
4 hamburger buns, split
4 leaves lettuce
4 slices Swiss cheese, if desired





Make it..


Prepare grill.

Cut SPAM®  into 4 slices.

Grill SPAM® , pineapple and bell pepper, turning once, 5 to 7 minutes or until heated thoroughly.

In bowl, stir together mustard blend and garlic; spread on cut sides of buns. Fill each bun with lettuce, SPAM® , pineapple, bell pepper and cheese.

Original Recipe HERE




And it was Good!! Spam Sushi is next! 


Enjoy!



**I am currently a member of the Hormel Foods Extended Blogger Program and this post is part of my involvement in the Group. While Hormel Foods provides me material and necessary resources to complete various activities, all statements and sentiment in Mommy Needs A Break are my own. **







 Pin It!

Comments