Dense Chocolate Sponge Cake

Ingredients..


1 cup butter, softened 
8 ounces cream cheese, softened 
3 cups sugar 
6 eggs 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
2 1/4 cups cake flour 
1 teaspoon baking powder 
3/4 cup cocoa



Notice My Kindle Fire (LOVE it!)


Preparation..



Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Grease/spray a 10-inch Bundt pan (I used my old, trusty 13*9 pan)


The ONLY non-stick spray that works 100% of the time.



Cream butter, cream cheese, and sugar.

Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. 

Add vanilla.

 Eggs, cream cheese, and sugar.


After adding eggs.



In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and cocoa. Add about half of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat well. Add remaining flour mixture and beat well for about 2 minutes.


 Turns out really fluffy.



 Yumm...



 Overlook my old pan... it's my favorite :)


Bake...



Pour batter into pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done


Cake is done when an inserted fork comes out mostly clean,
And when the cake starts to pull away from the edge of the pan..




Cool on Cooling rack until you can easily pick the pan up with your hands.  Comes out best if it's still warm but not hot.






I had help glazing it lol 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Your very welcome! I have a wonderful and easy frosting recipe I'll be posting later :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds so good! I'm glad I found you on Frugal Foodie Mama :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment