WELL PLAYED FESTIVALS... WELL PLAYED INDEED...

So... I've been concerned that our town festival next weekend would destroy my diet.  All that yummy fried food, in those convenient booths.  Well, problem solved!  I found all these new festival treats on yahoo this morning and just had to share.  Needless to say, it has also ruined my appetite for the day lol!  I'm ranking them in the order of a countdown from 8- "I could almost try it" to 1- "I think I just puked a little in my mouth"  Enjoy...


8. Deep Fried Butter Balls <Dallas, Texas>


OK... I could probably enjoy these.  I just don't think my heart could take it though!  Basically, Cardiac Arrest on a stick...  Wow, Paula Deen would be proud.


7. Deep Fried Kool-Aid <Del Mar, California>



Again... I can see some potential because they are sweet and deep fried.  But, come on!  Really?  


6. Chocolate Covered Bacon on a Stick <West Allis, Wisconsin>


 I like Bacon, I like Chocolate, but not together... Ick!


5. Spaghetti and Meatballs on a Stick <St. Paul, Minnesota>


Ewww!! I'm not sure why I find this one so repulsive?  It's just... ewww.  Perhaps it was the description that got me.  The noodles are mashed up and mixed with the meat, dipped in garlic batter, and then (of course) deep fried.  Maybe it's just because it looks like a meat lollipop? 


4. Hot Beef Sundae <Indianapolis, Indiana>


This little jewel contains beef, gravy, corn, cheese, a cherry tomato, and (yes) ice cream.  All I can say is Why?


3. Ice Cream Cheeseburger <Tampa, Florida>


Just... no.


2. Spam Curds <St. Paul, Minnesota>


Deep fried, cheese flavored Spam?  I'll pass.  To top the grossness off, they are serving it with ranch dressing.  I'll just stick with the deep fried butter...



AND THE AWARD FOR THE MOST "SICKENING FESTIVAL FOOD THAT MAKES ME WANT TO SAY WTH?" GOES TO...



1. Chocolate Covered Scorpions, Crickets and More <Arizona State Fair>


This is a waste of perfectly good chocolate!  



THE EXACT FACE I MADE WHILE READING THIS

Comments

  1. that is just crazy chocolate covered scorpions?!?!? really?!? here in the states? neways i love love food and omg food festivals even better! just went to a food truck festival recently...it didn't have anything as interesting as yours BUT thank you for taking pictures of your food...i've always wanted to see what fried butter looked like!!

    what a shame i ate all my food before i could take pictures of it...the hubbs just rolled his eyes at me lol looking forward to getting to know yah!

    stopping through from the TGIF Blog Hop (late I know! =) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - I KNEW I should not have read this post. Blech!!! The NC State Fair starts next week - I am REALLY hoping the chocolate covered scorpions don't make an appearance here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, some of these are so gross...deep fried butterballs?? And how do you even bite into a burger w/ice cream on it. Geez.

    Gross, gross, gross. I'm totally sharing it. :)

    I'm your latest gfc follower.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment