Home Made Tortillas Recipe & Hormel Review

Sponsor


This month I got the privilege of reviewing some really cool products from Hormel. Chi-Chi's Flour Tortillas, Herdez Salsa Ranchera, and La Victoria Red taco Sauce. So we had Taco Night! Both of my boys are big Taco fans, so there were no complaints. I decided I would try making my own Tortilla Chips to eat with the salsa


Yumm!

We rarely use a whole pack of soft taco shells.. So I love that Chi-Chi's Flour Tortillas come in a resealable pack. 



I really, really Love the La Victoria Red Taco Sauce. Its not too hot, and just adds the right amount of flavor. The squeeze bottle is great too. Easy for the Kiddos to use!




Recipe!!


Easy Homemade Fried Tortilla Chips w/ Chi-Chi's Flour Tortillas


What you need..

~Its best to leave tortillas out overnight, exposed to air. They fry better when slightly stale.

Canola Oil

Salt 
~Which ever type you like the best

Make it..

Heat about 1/4 inch of oil in pan-not too hot. (I used medium/high heat)

Cut Flour Tortillas into 4 or 6 wedges. (Pizza Cutter works great!)

When grease is hot, place the wedges into the pan in a single layer.

Fry for approx. 2 minutes

When they are beginning to color and are firm, remove with tongs or spatula and place on a plate covered with paper towels.

Salt chips and blot with additional paper towels to remove excess oil. 

Very Easy!

~You can also bake these at 350 for 12 minutes, turning and salting halfway through~






I have to say, The Herdez Salsa Ranchera was too Hot for me! It tasted and looked great but Wow! If you like your salsa Spicy, this is the one! I'm going to try some of the variations by Herdez though because I did like the taste.



**I am currently a member of the Hormel Foods Extended Blogger Program and this post is part of my involvement in the Group. While Hormel Foods provides me material and necessary resources to complete various activities, all statements and sentiment in Mommy Needs A Break are my own.





 Pin It!

Comments